Thursday, July 3, 2008

Lap top?!..

I had noticed this thing earlier but it never incurred to me like this. So yesterday when I was just generally surfing the net in my typical way, keeping the lap top on my bed, after I was done as soon as I picked up ma laptop, I realized that it was burning hot at its fundament, so much so that even the bedsheet felt like it had been freshly ironed. And that is when it struck me. Aren't laptos supposed to be used on our laps?! So what is this, some sort of a cospiracy? I mean if they really ARE supposed to be kept on your lap, then howcome they are so damn hot at that very place which would be ON our laps. Do they wanna burn us or something? And that is when I realized that I have placed my pally at every possible place, the bed, the table, the ground, even haning mid air at times with the meagre support of my hands, but never on my lap!! Ironical, isnt it? But the interesting thing is, it seems as though it was made never to be placed on your lap. Reaons? Many. Firstly because my laptop one of those sad HP Pavilion notebooks who's screen won't bend beyond a certain level (which level, by the way, is rather uncomfortable) so its virtually impossibe to keep it on yor lap and look at the screen at the same time. It's like Heisenberg's uncertainity principle, either you can keep it on your lap OR you can look at the screen with full certainity, to be able to do both fully is IMPOSSIBLE. Secondly, the burning base. I mean I'm pretty sure that if I keep my so called 'lap'top on my lap for more than 5 minutes, I'd end up cautereizing (I like exaggeration, so please don't mind) my sexy thighs (see...exaggeration!). Thirdly, if one actually tries it, it is damn uncomfprtable to use the mouse-pad if the laptop is actuallt on your lap. You inevitably have to tilt the lappy to make the experience more comfy.

Hmm..I seriously wonder if lap tops were EVER meant to be placed on laps??!!

13 comments:

Divita said...

quite right quite right.
i have read other reasons too as to why must laptops be not kept on laps. the radiations are harmful for your fertility something to do with losing your cells. don't keep it, for the sake of your to-be biological children.

such a misnomer. laptop.

Anonymous said...

yea it gets real hot at times.. i oft leave my comp on for hours, so i make sure its on a well insulated surface.

Punvati said...

I was gonna say something but Divita beat me to it...

"Good for you then else you might not be able to have tht baby u were pining for 2 blog posts ago :)"

Scribblers Inc said...

imagine palmtops dude!!:D

Scribblers Inc.

Divita said...

@divya
haha way go!

@scribblers
at least they wont harm your sperm count, tha palmtops i mean

Adhirath said...

@ Divita Di & Divi: he he..very true..the same goes for mobiles as well apparantly..but like i said, i never place my laptop on my lap so the plas still going full on.. ;)

@ Trooper: Thanks for visiting my blog..and yeah, ur right..gud tht u take care.

@ Scribbler: thanks for visiting my blog..and palmtops?! hmm..in a way they'll be worse..i mean at least on our laps we have clothes..but on palms, they r sure to get burned!! but divitas right! at least they wont turn us infertile!

Arpita Sarkar said...

Laptops were never meant to be placed on laps... Neither are palmtops meant to be placed on palms if other alternatives are available...

A Laptop is called a Laptop because it is "so small that u can place it on ur lap"... And its not meant to be on the bed or any soft surface fr tht matter... Place ur laptop on a flat table and see.. It hardly gets heated...

Unknown said...

well a few things @ everyone that agreed with adhi that laptops are not meant for laps.

The actual fact of the matter is that laptops are meant for anything but beds, even laps.

I'm not sure about ur screen and its angel, but the reason laptops get hot on the bed, or on insulated surfaces (@trooper) is bcos there is a fan outlet at the bottom of the laptop which gets muffled on a surface like a bed, but on a lap that wont happen since ur (sexy) lap is not so big that it will muffle the fan area completely.

the possibilities of reduced sperm count and fertility are again effects that are attributed to the heat that is generated from a laptop, which is true to a certain extent but is highly exaggerated. trust me the laptop wont get so hot if u keep it on ur lap or a table.

sorry to turn this into a tech talk but that is the fact of the matter

Adhirath said...

he he..every biased post is incomplete without a bunch of smarties who clarify the matter..so thnx swordfish and hoverer..

and i think if that is the case, then my laptop is the freak around..cos it gets heated on every surface.silly thing..ill have to change it now!..

newase..thnx to everyone for their inputs..as long as it lasted, i thoroughly enjoyed having the nonsense conversation about laptops, which i still do believe is a rather inappropriate name!

Anonymous said...

Atleast the palmtop wont affect your fertility! :D

The New Age Superhero said...

laps are meant for placing better "things" :P

@hoverer: you see why i am still not convinced when ppl say you are just the opposite of no-nonsense person that i claim u to be

Adhirath said...

@ Brick: ha ha!..better things huh?!..hmmm!! that makes sense!

Chronicler said...

where did that post go??? Chalo you back.. while I am gone... let the show go on..:D :D
bye...

 
Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr