Friday, December 1, 2006

My Light


(Ok, now this is one of my poems..wrote it for all those people who in some way or the other have contributed in making me meet myself, in guiding me..and doing loads of other stuff for me!!)

The sunburnt wall was always lit,
With a light that only meant heat;
But the gardener came and bloomed it through,
Into a beautiful treat.
For the void has now been filled with flowers,
The light is heat no more;
It has now become the bright sunshine,
With elations the heart never pours.

The water was there that used to flow,
The streams that washed the earth;
The banks were there and so was the mud,
That gave life a birth.
But the waterman came and made it clear,
The sound is not just gush;
It is the sweet music of water,
And the plants a beauty in lush.

The fields were there all covered in grass,
The green was just a shade;
But the farmer came and ripened it through,
The crops of yellow and jade.
The grass is just a plant no more,
It now symbolizes life;
The zeal, the vigour to carry on,
Even in times of strife.

The skies were blue, the roses red,
The rocks, the fire, the ice;
But the colours are more than what they look,
Each tinge specific and right.

The breeze was there that flew unaware,
But it just felt cold and dry;
The toddler came and filled it through,
With the fragrance of booming skies.
The breeze is cold and frozen no more,
The dryness no more thirsts;
For now it has an unseen warmth,
And a source to quench the earth.

The birds sang and butterflies flew,
Babies always took their first step;
But none alas explained the lad,
The secrets untold, unread.
Then came the teacher and opened his eyes,
To the world that lies beyond;
He soon found out, all veils were torn,
That they whisper the sounds of god.

People had come and people went by,
But none could really affect;
None had the strength and nor the will,
To impress the heart's reflect.
And then came the alchemist,
To turn the tide of time;
He walked in through and took me too,
And made me see what's mine.
The gardener, the waterman, the farmer it seems,
The toddler, the teacher, the guide;
I thank the source, whatever the course,
For making me feel my might.
For now I have met who lies within,
The one I call myself;
All thanks to you, the source it's true,
I can say there are no regrets.
You open my path, removed the fog,
To make the sun shine bright;
I thank the source, whatever the course,
My guide, my friend, my light.

7 comments:

Punvati said...

Adgirath has a blog!! Yippee!! As it is you write excellently, now the whole world can read what you write...

U know i love this poem of urs.. keep writing sweetie.. u rock...

SannoySpeaks said...

I have a question... a clarification- r u indebted to the gardner, waterman, farmer etc. were they people could not "impress the heart's reflect"???

SannoySpeaks said...

*or were they....

Adhirath said...

Well see sannoy....they all were the ones that contributed...by those who did not impress the heart's reflect i meant the crowd..the mob that u acros at different stages in life..those that neither want to nor can give you anything...the gardener, the waterman, etc. were all those who did do a lot for me..they are all symbolical for my parents, my teachers, at times my friends!!

SannoySpeaks said...

oh might i say that was a very nicely constructed poem.. very thoughtful indeed...

Jil Jil Ramamani said...

Amazing piece ther Adhirath...

Theres no future bright enough
for what you hope to be...
Nor world with windows wide enough
for what you hope to see...

A line dropped in from Erce's book ;)
(www.freewebs.com/erce26)

Sniffer said...

This poem resembles spring.
A very nice poem.

 
Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr