Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I Walk a Lonely Road.....!!.....??....

Well firstly I'd like to apologise for not being able to write for a long long time..well been busy!!..Not that anyone reads this..but well, I do owe an apology to myself..

So anyways, its around 12:00 in the night and I have a History test tomorrow..still i got this weirdest urge to scribble this one down!!..so here goes..


Well, so off late I've had the opportunity of strolling all by myself after dinner, which can well be credited to the constantly increasing workload at college, which keeps most of my friends deeply engaged in some thing or the other. So, I walk alone..putting in other words: I walk a lonely road." And it is during these short lasting rendezvous with myself that I got to realise a lot of things. For one, how much fun it is to walk alone!!..Trust me, I never knew it before this, probably couldn't have even imagined it being fun..And that is perhaps why i used to always connote a negative sense to the song - "boulevard of broken dreams"!!..

Elucidating more upon the lucrative nature of this newly discovered leisure activity, you can not imagine the amount of fun it bundles up in itself. I mean, lets start off by saying that you never have the patience or the interest to observe things. Do not mistake this to be peeping into others business. Not at all!..But yes, definitely observing everything around you, as you walk the so called lonely road. You see so many people around you, majority delusioned by the nicety of the company they cherish on these walks. They'll laugh, fight, run, snog (this is a relatively new addition to my vocab thanks to the HP mania), do all sorts of things, totally oblivious to your eyes as you analyse their moves, actions, but definitely not their snogging (that is one activity I prefer to keep my eyes off)!! But anyways, the point is that you observe, you see, you think and you comprehend!..Comprehend what? Well, that totally depends upon the person observing. Like I observe the social pretences people need to follow at times to keep up with their companionship wealth, while the same set may put up a show of hard-to-break bonds to some people. So there you go, each to himself (Herself)..

Then what do you do once you've observed. Well, you ponder. And soon, its not just you walking. It is you marching upon the beat of thoughts- both good and bad (I try keeping them good!) And then before you know, your much-cherished time with yourself is over, till you await its arrival the following day and the day after that and the day after that and so on.

But above all, on these solitary strolls of yours, you are bound to bump into one person!..Probably the person who you ought to see more often, the person who has been with you longer that all others- and that person is....you yourself!!..Yes, it is only in these moments that you manage to meet yourself, the real you, not the one who you want to become or whom others want to meet..but the one who has been there all along..you just failed to acknowledge!!

And then, once you meet yourself..you'll realise that being all by yourself (which technically is always two as I just established) is not all that bad...Now is it?..So well, whats the harm if....

I walk a lonely road!!

3 comments:

Punvati said...

I so know what u mean... walking alone really makes u notice so many things u wouldnt otherwise... its interesting... But ahem... u keepin ur eyes off snogging? really? hehehe :P

i dont get what u mean when u say keepng up with companionship wealth etc... its jus interesting cos u get to see lots of new things, new people, appreciate such things more, inspiring new thoughts, pondering over old ones...

I agree.. walking a lonely road is a must ince in a while

Jil Jil Ramamani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jil Jil Ramamani said...

Im nobody
who are you?
are you nobody too...
then dont tell
they'd banish us you know...

How dreary to be somebody,
how public like a frog
to tell your name the livelong day
to a whole admiring bog

- Emily Dickinson

a fav poem of mine....was reminded of it when I read your post...
Though you talk of revelling in the thoughts that wrap your lonesome existance, for me, a similar situation would be when I fade into the background, being there yet not being there......sort of blending as an unnoticed natural element in the background,unconspicuous,and in such a welcome cloak of invisibility, finding myself....in a sense alone, of my own volition and finding myself there in the process of observing the rest without being observed myself.

Talking of quiet moments, the corner room on the top floor of our hostel, before it was occupied by the juniors, was my favorite space, a snatch of sanity on a hectic day.

 
Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr